Interested in volunteering for the SPCA?
We invite you to start your service and be our guest!
The SPCA has a wonderful guest program that allows visitors to socialize cats or walk dogs in our adoption center. Just stop by at 111 Featherbed Lane during business hours. The staff will ask you to fill out a brief waiver and get you started. You must be 18 years of age or older to be guest.
The SPCA Thrift Shop invites you to stop by 1944 Abrams Creek during business hours to volunteer. You will fill out a volunteer application and they will put you to work right away. You must be 18 years of age or older to be a Thrift Shop volunteer.
Want to get more involved and support the mission of the SPCA?
After you’ve been a SPCA guest or you’ve been working in our Thrift Shop, you may decide to expand your service and become an SPCA program volunteer. If you’d like to be more involved with the mission of the SPCA, volunteers are utilized to off set personnel costs and have specific roles in which they serve the agency. New volunteer orientations are held quarterly at the adoption center. Volunteer applications available at the front desk of our adoption center 111 Featherbed Lane and at the SPCA. Must be 18 years of age or older to be an SPCA program volunteer.
Volunteers needed for:
- Pet Transport
- Transport pets to and from various low-cost clinics in Manassas or Harrisonburg, transport times are 7AM and 1PM during varied weekdays.
- Cat Kennels
- Clean the cat kennels located at various retail outlets such as Petco and PetValu. Shifts are between 8AM and 10AM every morning.
- Donation Pick Up
- Volunteers are on call to pick up large in-kind donations for the SPCA at various businesses in Winchester, Frederick, and Clarke.
- Adoption Events
- Times and locations vary. Transport pets, set up SPCA tent, and provide information to the public regarding the SPCA and adoptable pets.
- Fundraising Events
- Times and locations vary. Work assorted events to assist the SPCA in building financial resources to maintain their ability to save them all.
For more information call 540-662-8616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have more questions about volunteering at the SPCA ? Check out our volunteering FAQ.