The SPCA keeps records of animals reported as lost for 30 days. When new animals are brought in the lost records are cross referenced and potential matches are notified. If you have lost a pet, contact the SPCA with a description. If you have a picture or flyer, you may e-mail it or bring to the SPCA Admission Center during business hours to place with your lost pet ad. We request if you find your animal that you notify us by email or phone.
Tips for creating an effective lost pet flier include:
- A large, color photo of your pet
- The date and location your pet was lost
- A description of your pet gender, breed, and any unique identifying characteristics
- Your name & contact information, including area code on phone numbers
Also, check the following Winchester – Frederick County VA Lost and Found Pets Facebook Page and the Clarke County Va Lost And Found Pets Facebook Page.
Reclaiming your pet
Should your lost pet arrive at the SPCA, you may reclaim him or her by providing the following:
- A valid driver’s license or state-issued ID
- Any reclaim or reimbursement fees
- A valid rabies certificate