Why Should You Volunteer?
Here are just a few reasons why you should drop by your local shelter.
- You are supporting your community! Not only does volunteering make you feel good about yourself, but you also get to improve the quality of life for a shelter animal and show your community you care.
- Gain pet care experience if you plan on adopting! If you plan on adopting an animal in the future, there is no better way to learn the ins and outs of animal care than from your local animal shelter.
- Meet new people! Not only will you make new furry friends, but you will have the opportunity to meet new people who have a shared love of animals.
- It looks great on your resume! Are you looking for a way to enhance your resume? Look no further! Volunteering will look great on college and job resumes.
- It de-stresses your body and mind! Being an animal shelter volunteer is a terrific way for you to take care of your emotional, physical, and mental wellbeing. It is scientifically proven that spending time with animals helps lower your stress levels and blood pressure and is a great way to keep active.
- It could lead to a job opportunity! Volunteering can open up the door to a career opportunity. If working with animals is a passion, starting at your local shelter can give you the experience you need.
- Ready to get started?! Fill out a volunteer application today! https://winchesterspca.org/volunteer/
- No time to volunteer? You can always help out your local shelter with a donation. The shelter is always in need of various animal supplies. You can donate by clicking on the link provided. https://winchesterspca.org/volunteer/wish-list/